Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday! I'm so happy you're here!

A week ago Pete and I were in Palm Beach, Florida enjoying an all expenses paid vacation at The Ritz Carlton.  We had arrived in Florida the previous Sunday (without children) for a glorious week long "babymoon".  We stayed from Sunday to Thursday on Singer Island (in a room like this) and then moved to The Ritz to be spoiled with spa treatments, yummy food and fun work friends - all thanks to my super hardworking hubby.  Each year his sales team is treated to a Ritz vacation as long as they reach their year sales goal - which grants them access and high respect to the "100% club".  This was year two that my handsome man worked his butt off just to bring me on vacation :)
Ah, so a week ago today I was enjoying a Pearl Body Smoother something or other at the Eau Spa.  I laid on a table was scrubbed down with something awesome smelling, then was lead out to this outdoor garden bathroom with a beautiful shower, where I rinsed off (on my own - no one scrubbed me down there - thankfully!).  Then I was laid back down on the table and massaged with some awesome smelling lotion.  Could it get any better?  I think not!  It was pure bliss for this almost 30 week pregnant stay at home mom of two.  There were many other delicious spa treatments while we were there...including two massages, a manicure, and a pedicure.
And now, here I am, a week later still having a little "re-entry" trouble.  As any mom knows, getting back into the swing of things when you have been away from your kids (whether an hour, a few days or a week) you are immediately thrown right back to where you left off.  Their demands are immediate.  Their schedules are the same.  They "need" you as much as you were needed before you left.  There is no gradual introduction back to routine.  And, let me tell you, this week has been a little tough on this preggy momma!  Thankfully, Pete hasn't had to travel this week.  A couple mornings this week he's jumped out of bed and let me sleep until he had to get in the shower for work.  God Bless West coast hours right now.  The kids are getting up much earlier than before (between 6:45 and 7:30 - for Gracie - which I know is late in most of your minds but early for our usual 8:30 - 9:00 sleeper).
Beyond the sleep changes, both of the kids have given me quite a little run for my money.  Gracie suddenly is the "I do it" or "Self!" demander on everything.  B has been pushing the limits with his listening skills.  I wish my patience was more high but I'm just annoyed by how tough it has been.  Is this some kind of punishment for going on vacation?  Rumor has it, I'll be experience this same type of punishment in July when the baby is born.  I guess we'll chalk this week up to practice?

So, happy Friday to me.  This week has been a long one, but I made it.  Only a few more hours until my hubby is home with us for 2 days.  I think I can, I think I can....

Have a happy weekend everyone!

ps: I know, I owe some cute pictures...next week...promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment