Monday, October 4, 2010

Life is Good

Life has been pretty good lately.  Braden's getting older by the second.  He's constantly coming up with something clever to say - like today for instance he began telling me to "check this out" when he was doing something cool.  I find it incredibly cool how he plays independently so well.  He loves making long trains with all of his train cars.  He loves to ride his four wheeler around the front yard and launch his rocket into the air.  He bombs around the playground making friends and taking risks.  He's pretty happy that once a week he gets to go back to Barbara's to hang out with his old friends.  We joined a playgroup on Friday's here in Medfield with kids his age.  I loved watching him last week share and play so well.  He is such a sweet little boy.  I feel pretty lucky to be home to hang out and watch him grow until next fall.

Gracie has grown into her 3-6 month old clothes.  She's eating like a champ and beginning to start to put together a bit of a sleep schedule.  She has had a few nights where she's slept 6 hours, ate and then slept another 3.  I really likes those nights!  She is just so pleasant to be around that I don't mind her waking in the middle of the night.  I just can't stop staring at her beautiful face.  I love every coo and smile she provides me all day long. 

My awesome husband has been doing such a great job at work on top of being such a fabulous Daddy.  This past week he finished the quarter not only reaching his quarter goal but also exceeding his YEAR goal!  I swear that man could sell dog poo in a bag!  This awesome accomplishment not only means good things for our bank account but also means we get to go on vacation in April together on his company!  So cool.  I'm so excited to know we are going away.  What a fun thing to look forward to.  I'm so proud of my handsome husband.  He's been rocking it at work, but also rocking it at home.  You should see how adorable he is with our kids.  The way Gracie looks at him and smiles you can truly see love in her eyes.  Its really amazing.  I'm so grateful for the fact that Pete is always willing and ready to help with the challenges of raising our kids, especially a defiant two year old.  I sometimes am not that good about following through with the discipline and luckily he is great with it! 

The best way to describe my life these days is simply that my heart is smiling.  100% smiling all day long.  I am one very lucky lady.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, lady! I'm so happy for you and I love reading about your children, your husband, and you! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete