Thursday, September 2, 2010

Poop!

To potty train or not to potty train that is the question! 

When left without a diaper we have had a few poopy disasters that are probably worth blogging about.  The first was a few weeks ago.  Braden had pooped.  I could smell it so we headed upstairs (after much bribary since my little poop monster has no interest in changing them and decides to sprint away from me with the most evil grin whenever I even mention the idea of a diaper change!  Isn't that some sign of him being a control freak or something?  Not wanting anyone touching his belongings?  Fantastic!).  Anyways, a little while later I was back in the basement (oh, one important detail about our day was that we had waffles with blueberries on the side for breakfast).  I look over and think to myself "Why is there a blueberry on the floor?"  I pick it up and realize with such delight - I'm hold a turd in my hand.  I'm not sure how he managed to do it, but he some how dropped a blueberry like turd out of his diaper.  Not only do I have to wipe the sh*t off his butt but now I'm picking it up off the floor in tiny little ball form!  Gross! 

Unfortunately, this is not the only poop off the floor story the Fox family can report.  The next is even better.  Braden had taken a nice dump earlier in the day and so after a shower in the evening I was thinking it was fine to let him run around nakey for a bit.  The boy likes to run, he likes to be naked and sometimes its fun to do both at the same time.  He was in his playroom actually playing with his toys (a nice break from the begging he constantly does to "watch a movie, please, please!").  He so nicely came bouncing out to announce to Pete and I sitting in the kitchen finishing up dinner, "I pooped!  I pooped in the playroom".  Pete and I were like, really, what?  No!  Show us where!  As he turns around, I see wet, drippy, gaggable poop slipping down his leg.  Gross!  So Big Daddy heads into the playroom to check out the damage.  He says, "I don't see anything" and the next thing I hear is the loudest "Gaaaagghhhh" heard around town!  I look up to see my large, manly husband walk out of the playroom gagging from his toes all the way out his mouth.  Of course, what do I do?  Laugh until tears are streaming down my face.  C'mon, it was funny!  Poor Braden had to get dragged upstairs for another shower while his Daddy gagged over the pile of sh*t he left behind and his Mommy just laughed and laughed!
So recently Braden has actually told me the last two poops that he had pooped in his diaper and wanted me to change it.  Good sign, right?  Because of this with great enthusiasm we went to the store and picked out "big boy" underpants.  As you can see in the picture he's at least tried them on.  We wore them for about 10 minutes, sat on the potty for about 3 and then he requested a diaper.  Potty training effort number one: failure.  At least I didn't actually have to clean poop out of underpants...yet.

One problem I'm finding is that I think I bought a potty that is too small.  Not only do his manly parts not really "tuck in" enough so that when he does actually decide to sit on the potty his wiz will more than likely shoot out and soak me but also his little bum is all red from the seat when he stands up.   Oops!  I guess I have no clue.  Back to the store I suppose!

I wouldn't be a Mahoney if one of my first blogs wasn't about poop!  Grandmum would be so proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment